These Easy apple cinnamon cake recipes are a guaranteed hit over coffee or tea. They are fluffy, aromatic and very showy, they are also delicious due to the combination of textures and flavors. The mixture in the first recipe is flavored with lemon zest and cinnamon, and has apple chunks on top that give it a rustic look, very similar to that of an upside-down apple pie.
The second recipe is simple and exquisite, since apart from the apple and cinnamon, it incorporates chopped pecans into its mix that give it a crunchy touch. Note that the ingredient count is for a 10-inch pan, so if you want to use a larger pan, you’ll need to increase the number of ingredients in the recipe.
These easy apple and cinnamon cakes are not only delicious, they also provide a lot of nutrients, among them the vitamins A and C found in cinnamon and the B vitamins found in apples. On the other hand, they provide minerals such as potassium and lots of fiber.
Traditional apple and cinnamon cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- In the meantime, Mix the butter together with the brown sugar in a bowl. Add the lemon zest and continue beating.
- Add the eggs one by one, beat well and add the sifted flour together with the cinnamon alternately with the milk. Be sure to start and end with flour.
- Add the raisins, cover them with the last batch of flourand incorporate them into the mixture with a silicone spatula.
- Grease a 20 cm mold and line the base with baking paper.
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan and place apple slices on top.
- Then, mix the muscovado sugar together with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the entire surface.
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to rest, unmold and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy.
Apple, cinnamon and walnut cake
- 2 green apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 and a half cups flour (divided in 2)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Microwave the apples on high for one minute.. Drain them and let them cool.
- in a bowl, mix well the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the cold butter and mix with a pastry blender.
- When the mixture looks like a coarse crumbAdd the walnuts.
- Mix the rest of the flour, the baking powder and sodium bicarbonate.
- Next, cream the softened butter with the granulated sugar until you get a fluffy mixture. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- did this add the flour mixture alternately with the cream and beat well after each addition. Add the apples.
- Pour the mixture into a long mold previously buttered and floured.
- Now, top cake with walnut mixture and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, let the cake cool and carefully unmold it in a grid.
What do you think of these Easy Homemade Apple Cinnamon Cakes? It really is a treat.