The most delicious burger recipes
Veggie burgers are a very popular trend in vegan and vegetarian cuisine
At NIUS we show you this with this delicious and healthy recipe based on chickpeas
For our vegetarian readers, we bring you a delicious recipe for barbecue days at home. It is one alternative to traditional meat burgers replacing them with legumesin this case, for chickpeas.
The truth is, this trend of cooking vegetables without processing has won so much popularitythat even people who eat animal meat prefer to include more vegan or vegetarian recipes in their menu.
Similarly, pulses have many advantages, since they are very cheap and healthy foods. Veggie burgers are rich in fiber, which promotes healthy digestion and relieves constipation.
For this reason, do not forget to try it veggie burger so nutritious, healthy, delicious and easy to make.
- 425 grams of cooked chickpeas or a can of chickpeas
- Two to three tablespoons of tahini or sesame cream
- ½ small onion
- two cloves of garlic
- ⅓ cup flour (oatmeal, whole grain, regular) or whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- a teaspoon of cumin
- A dash of hot pepper or tabasco
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step by step
- Cut the onion into small pieces and melt the garlic cloves.
- Sauté them and put them both in the pan with a little olive oil.
- If you decide to use canned chickpeaswash them and drain them well.
- Puree the chickpeas in a food processor.
- Add tahini to the chickpeas, flour or breadcrumbs, fresh coriander, Tabasco and salt and pepper to taste.
- Process everything again up to a easy to handle paste.
- Very carefully make the shape of the hamburger with the help of your hands.
- Preheat a large pan with oil and brown your vegan burgers
- Depending on how thick they are, you may prefer to seal them a bit in the oven, but this can dry them out, so we recommend not making them too thick.
A chickpea patty of about 80 grams contains:
- 159 calories
- 22 grams of carbohydrates
- 9 grams of protein
- 1.70 grams of fat
- 4.2 grams of fiber