Lentils are a natural source of vegetable protein, so we can include them in many recipes and turn them into a meat substitute. For vegans and vegetarians this recipe is perfect, as we encourage you to rediscover the classic Bolognese by saying goodbye to minced meat and replacing it with lentils. They are delicious!
Want to know more about this new version of bolognese? If the answer is yes, at oneHOWTO we invite you to find out how to make a lentil bolognese quickly and very easily. This recipe is perfect to accompany a hearty and healthy pasta dish that everyone, kids and adults alike, will love. Do you dare to try it? It’s irresistible!
Steps to follow:
To start preparing this lentil bolognese chop the onion, clove Y the carrots.
Then add the previously chopped vegetables to a pan with a little oil and saute them on medium heat.
While the vegetables soften in the pan, cut the courgettes on very small dice and beyond add them to the pan to be baked with the remaining ingredients.
If you are using canned lentils, now is the time wash and drain properly.
Once the vegetables are well poached, they should add the lentils to the pan and saute all the ingredients for a or Two minutesabout.
After all the ingredients are incorporated, you should pour the tomato sauce. Amount may vary depending on taste.
Mix everything and add one pinch of salt, oregano and other spices, If you prefer. Basil and pepper can also go really well in Bolognese sauce.
We leave all the ingredients are cooked together in the pan, on medium heat, and for a few 10 minutes about.
Once the cooking time is up, taste the sauce and adjust the salt and spices if you deem it necessary.
Smart! You already have your lentil bolognese ready to enjoy and serve with your pasta or as a filling for other dishes. In addition to being delicious, it is a healthy option, very simple to prepare and suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Good appetite!
If you want to make more lentil recipes, we recommend these two other OneHOWTO articles on How to Make Lentils with Vegetables and How to Make Lentil Burgers.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make a lentil bolognesewe recommend you enter our Recipes category.
- If you boil the lentils yourself, the cooking and preparation process will take longer, as the cooking time for lentils is about 35 to 45 minutes. That’s why we recommend using canned lentils, you’ll go faster and they’re just as tasty.
- In addition to the suggested vegetables, you can add mushrooms or leeks if you like. You should cut them very small and fry them together with the rest of the ingredients.
- We recommend chopping the vegetables very thin and small to achieve a better texture of the Bolognese sauce. In case you don’t like to find lumps, after they are poached, you can chop them up or run them through a food processor to further incorporate the sauce.
- As in the previous case, if you do not want to find whole lentils in the Bolognese sauce, you can pass them through a food processor or crush them with a fork so that they are discarded and incorporated with the rest of the ingredients of the sauce. .
- This alternative to the classic bolognese is a perfect choice for those who struggle to eat vegetables, greens and legumes, since you will hide them completely.
- On the other hand, if you make a larger Bolognese sauce with lentils, you can keep it later in an airtight and well-closed container in the refrigerator for a few days without the sauce losing its flavor and properties.