The Iberian secret hamburger is perhaps the most spectacular European version of this preparation is closely associated more than cooking with North American culture. The origin of this type of meat sandwich is not very clear: there are those who say that it was first prepared in 1834, in the famous New York restaurant by Delmonico (one of the first restaurants in the United States). but others attribute its invention to a Connecticut chef, Louis Larsen, who in 1895 would have learned the recipe for the preparation of the meat from some sailors from Hamburg. What is certain is that today hamburgers and hot dogs are the main emblems of American fast food.
On the other hand, there is no doubt about anyone The secret of Iberian pork is one of the most beloved and expensive cuts of this delicious animal. The part corresponding to the secret is also called the crosshead, and it is lean meat marbled with penetrated fat, which gives it a very delicious taste. The secret is in the armpit area, between the bacon and the shoulder, and the cut is fan-shaped, weighing between 150 and 200 grams. Only two can be extracted from each pig, which is perhaps why it is so expensive.
How to prepare the secret Iberian hamburger:
- If minced meat was not bought, cut the pork into very small pieces and then add the mustard and breadcrumbs.
- Add some salt and ground pepper to the meat mixture. Some spices can also be added, such as oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Knead until we make a ball.
- Heat the pan or grill and put the onion cut into rings.
- Divide the meatball into two parts and crush gently, without weighing it down. Place in the pan when very hot, four minutes each side.
- Cut the hamburger bun and heat in the pan. Cut the cheese into strips or sticks.
- Proceed to assemble the burger: start by spreading mayonnaise on the bread, then add the lettuce place the meat on topon top of the meat the onion and cheese and then the other bread topping.
Prepare this delicious Iberian secret hamburger that will be ready in less than half an hour and that you can accompany it with delicious fries. Don’t forget that during assembly you can add other ingredients, such as mustard, ketchup, pepper strips, tomato slices, pickles or chopped olives. Everything looks great on him.