Homemade and nostalgic confectionery is back. If you haven’t gotten into the pastry movement yet, you’re in time. With these recipes and utensils, you can begin your journey into the inspired world of desserts.
Read more: Vintage confectionery is back
Genovese vanilla sponge cake
140 grams of refined sugar
130 grams of flour
20 grams of milk
40 grams of vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1. Put the eggs and sugar in a metal bowl. Beat lightly to incorporate.
2. Place the bowl in a bain-marie and heat the mixture, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
3. Remove from heat when lukewarm and beat on high speed until mixture has tripled in volume (about 5 to 8 minutes).
4. Add the flour that we previously sifted like rain. Incorporate slowly with a scraping shovel in sweeping motions.
5. Add the milk, oil and vanilla with rolling movements so that the air does not escape from the mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into two 15 cm round molds and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.
cream cheese frosting
250 g unsalted butter at room temperature
250 g cold cream cheese
300 g sifted powdered sugar
150 g milk powder
2 tsp. vanilla flavor
1 pinch of salt
1. Put the butter and cream cheese in a bowl.
2. Beat at high speed until they are incorporated and increase in volume.
3. Add powdered sugar and milk powder. Continue beating until there are no lumps.
4. Add the vanilla and salt, mixing until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Use at room temperature.
Read more: Taquería creates Tostitripas and the internet goes crazy
Photo: special kitchen
Plastic turntable for cake decoration. With a diameter of 30 cm and a height of 12 cm.
Where should I buy from? www.dcocina.com.mx
Photo: Liverpool special
Stainless steel graduated blades with non-slip plastic handle. Ideal for covering and stuffing.
Where should I buy from? www.liverpool.com.mx
Photo: La Alpina special
Cookie cutter with different heights. It allows you to make even cuts to get flat cakes.
Where should I buy from? www.laalpina.com.mx
Read more: Profeco to recall and fine mezcal brands for irregularities
Get Hello Weekend every Friday, our newsletter with the latest in food, travel, technology, cars, fashion and beauty. Register here: https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/mi-cuenta