Preparing the Christmas menu is one of the most difficult tasks for us. The time we have, the budget, the materials you can’t find anywhere, what your guests like (and what they don’t)… That’s why we recommend a delicious and easy-to-prepare finger-licking snacks for your guests. And this appetizer has ingredients that you can easily find in any supermarket and that (almost) everyone likes. It is about crispy parmesan and Iberian ham with tapenade (olive pate). You can make it in advance and just leave the assembly of the skewer for when you eat it. Put it on the table with the rest of the appetizers that you can leave ready the day before and you will succeed!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Materials (for 4-6 people)
- 150 g Parmesan cheese
- 75 grams of Iberian ham cut into slices
- Mixed salad with tender sprouts
- 100 g tapenade (olive pate)
- extra virgin olive oil
How to prepare this appetizer step by step
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 2. While the oven is heating, grate the cheese using a grater with fine holes. Then cut the ham first into strips and then into small cubes. Put both ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Step 3. Line a tray in the oven with greaseproof paper and divide the previous mixture into small piles separated from each other. Then shape them into a circle by flattening them with the back of a spoon or pastry cutters.
- Step 4. When the oven is at the right temperature, put the tray in and bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts and begins to brown. Take them out and let them cool.
- Step 5. While the crispy cheese and ham are cooling, wash the tender sprouts and dry them with absorbent paper. Then, chop them and mix them with the tapenade (olive pate) and a drop of extra virgin olive oil.
- Step 6. Finally, assemble the chips by alternating 3 parmesan and ham crackers with the mixture of baby cabbage and tapenade and serve immediately so that the cheese does not remain soft.
A trick: Bake the cheese crackers and prepare the filling a few hours in advance, so all you have to do is assemble the dish at the last minute.
If you want to be updated with everything we publish on www.elmueble.com, subscribe to our newsletter.